The Heritage Club is an organization for retired faculty and friends of the University of South Dakota. Formerly known as the USD Emeritus Club, the Heritage Club was reintroduced to the USD community in 2018 as a partnership between the Office of the Provost and the USD Alumni Association and Foundation.
The Heritage Club meets the last Thursday of every month for networking, lunch and discussion with a guest speaker. The topics of discussion range from updates on individual colleges or departments to presentations on interesting subjects or research projects. Previous Heritage Club topics have included:
- Music of the Civil War - Presented by Bruce Kelley, Ph.D.
- Summer Research Poster Presentations - Presented by U. Discover Research Scholars
- Forecasting the Future of Higher Education - Presented by David Earnest, Ph.D.
- Online Education at USD - Presented by Kathryn Birkeland, Ph.D.
- A Glimpse into the Future of the National Music Museum - Presented by Matt Collinsworth
Recently, the Heritage Club has gone virtual due to the Covid-19 pandemic. View the meeting recordings below to catch up on what was discussed!