Leadership Annual Giving Officer
Leadership Annual Giving Officer
This position can be based out of our Sioux Falls or Vermillion locations.
The University of South Dakota Foundation is dedicated to empowering the next generation of leaders by providing exceptional educational opportunities and resources. We support the University of South Dakota, a world-class institution committed to academic excellence and innovation. Our foundation plays a crucial role in ensuring that students have access to the education they need to achieve their dreams.
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated Leadership Annual Giving Officer to join our team. The Leadership Annual Giving Officer will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to secure financial support from our alumni, community stakeholders, and friends, with a primary focus on leadership annual giving.
The Leadership Annual Giving Officer works to build and enhance relationships with constituents for the purpose of increasing philanthropic financial support for the University of South Dakota. This position will engage donors through traditional fundraising methods while also utilizing digital strategies (i.e. video and social media).
A key member of the Alumni Relations & Communications team that collaborates on the strategic goals, objectives, and deliverables of the organization, manages work infrastructure and processes, and nurtures the organization’s culture.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Implements and executes strategies for identifying, engaging, and successfully soliciting individuals for gifts to support the University with an emphasis on soliciting gifts at the leadership annual giving level.
- Manages a portfolio of prospects through an active schedule of solicitation, engagement, and stewardship calls and in-person or virtual visits to donors and new prospects.
- High volume of daily touchpoints (email, phone calls, social media) to help identify and keep engaged leadership-level donors.
- Develop and implement prospect-specific strategies (inclusive of traditional and digital tactics) for cultivating and soliciting leadership annual giving prospects for core support, along with other programs and projects.
- Partner in overall engagement strategy execution through the integration of annual giving, marketing, and stewardship.
- Maintains information on selected donors and prospects including contact reports in the CRM system.
- Travel locally, as required, with overnight and occasional weekend obligations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or related fields.
- Previous experience in fundraising, business development, sales, marketing, or communications or higher education is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
Salary Range: $45,000 to 55,000
The University of South Dakota Foundation is an equal-opportunity employer. This position included an excellent benefits package and a generous PTO policy. Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and resume to Joe Hoose, Executive Director of Talent Management, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in a different role?
If there isn’t a current opening that fits your profile but you would like to express your interest in working for the USD Foundation, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.