Join Our Team. Make an Impact.
At the University of South Dakota Foundation, you will find a team of professionals that are committed to inspiring investment in the University of South Dakota. Our dedicated team works to ensure that people’s generosity leaves a lasting impact on the people and programs at the University of South Dakota.
The USD Foundation is committed to your success as an employee. You will find a team that is invested in your personal and professional development. We recognize that everyone brings different strengths to the table. A personal investment in those strengths helps you to be the best version of you that you can be.
Our team is fun, passionate and committed, and when you succeed, we all succeed.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and an excellent benefits package
- Generous paid time off policy
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities
- And much more
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
The University of South Dakota Foundation generates private resources to support the University of South Dakota, its students, and faculty to advance the institution. Through a variety of programs and special initiatives, we raise awareness among current and prospective donors and volunteers regarding the importance of investing in the University of South Dakota. Our team cultivates and sustains strong relationships with all our stakeholders across the nation.
As the Financial Analyst, you are responsible for leading the financial planning, forecasting, reporting, and analysis. This position will be responsible for providing accurate and data-based information based on research and analysis to inform financial decisions. This position is a key member of the Finance team that collaborates on the strategic goals, objectives, and deliverables of the organization, manages work infrastructure, and processes, and nurtures the organization’s culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Consolidate and analyze financial data (budgets, income statement forecasts, financial comparisons, etc.) taking into account the foundation’s objectives and financial standing. Prepare commentary providing accurate and timely information on progress.
• Conduct business studies on past, future, and comparative performance and develop forecast models. Recommend actions based on sound analysis.
• Develop and improve financial and operational reports, such as board reports, departmental operating reports, foundation financial statements, etc.
• Partner with leadership to create an insightful analysis that supports business decisions to influence long-term and strategic decision-making within the broadest scope.
• Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement that impact Finance and participate in the development and implementation of initiatives.
The following skills are essential for success:
• Excellent written, verbal communication skills, and active listening skills with strong attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong strategic thinking, analytical, and organizational skills with the ability to plan, execute, and follow-through.
The University of South Dakota Foundation offers a competitive starting salary with an excellent and comprehensive benefits package.
Interested applicants should submit their letter of interest and resume to Joe Hoose, Director of Talent Management (email@example.com).
Interested in a different role?
If there isn’t a current opening that fits your profile but you would like to express your interest in working for the USD Foundation, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and supports the University of South Dakota's commitment to Inclusive Excellence and works to build upon its core principles in which "all are valued, welcomed, and respected." By committing to Inclusive Excellence, the Foundation continues its tradition of offering a welcoming, validating, and inclusive organization for all, and embed diversity and inclusiveness into all aspects of the Foundation, including policies, practices, and procedures. The Foundation believes that equal opportunity for all employees contributes to the success of the organization. All employment decisions are made solely on a person's merit and qualifications without discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability or medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, or other basis prohibited by law.